We are sure that you will be satisfied with your Stanforth Conway bike or frame, however if one of our products develops a fault within the warranty period, you should address the matter at the earliest possible opportunity with either us directly if purchased directly from Stanforth Bikes, or the retailer that you purchased the product from. If we or the retailer feel that the matter is of a warrantable nature, we will do all we can to sort it out within a reasonable timescale.
Your Stanforth Bike is offered with the following Limited Warranty:
Frame and forks: All Stanforth Bikes’ frames and forks are guaranteed against manufacturing defect (defined as a defect in materials or workmanship) as delivered with the product for a total period of 5 years from the date of purchase. If a failure should occur due to faulty materials or workmanship as delivered with the product during the guarantee period, the frame will be replaced with the same or the nearest compatible frame available.
Our frames and forks are double powder coated so do have a durable finish, however they need to be inspected and maintained regularly. Any areas which have been exposed due to chips need to be touched up with paint otherwise corrosion will take place – corrosion as a result of neglect will not be covered.
Anti-seize must be applied in required areas to avoid fusing with components e.g. seatpost. Fusion of components with the frame will not be covered by the warranty.
Frame decals and the headbadge are guaranteed up to one year from purchase.
Components: Your Stanforth bicycle will come with parts that we have carefully selected from other manufacturers, and whilst they come on your Stanforth bike, the warranty of these parts will fall under the warranty terms and conditions of the relevant brand/distributor.
Normal Wear Parts, i.e, grips, inner tubes, tyres, cables, brake pads, chain, chain rings, sprockets are not covered by the warranty.
All other parts not mentioned above are guaranteed against a defect in materials or workmanship for a period of 1 year from the original date of purchase, subject to the terms and conditions of this limited warranty. Please contact your authorised dealer for additional information on making a warranty claim. If a warrantable failure of a part should occur during the warranty period, the part will be repaired if possible, or replaced with a direct or the nearest compatible replacement.
If you modify or neglect the products, we are not responsible for them or what might happen to you while using them. Nor is the paintjob covered.
Stanforth Bikes will not be responsible for incidental or consequential damages including damages for personal injury, property damages or economic losses.
- Competition, jumping, downhill racing, trick riding, stunting or any other aggressive riding styles and other non standard use can substantially shorten the useful product lifecycle and are not covered by this warranty. Any one or a combination of these conditions may result in an unpredictable failure that is not covered by this limited warranty.
- The warranty does not cover normal wear and tear or anything broken accidentally or deliberately.
- This warranty does not cover improper assembly or maintenance, or installation of parts or accessories not originally intended or compatible with the bicycle as sold. If the bike is modified or the bike neglected, Stanforth Bikes will not be responsible.
- The warranty does not apply to damage or failure due to accident, abuse, misuse, neglect, or theft. Claims involving these issues will not be honoured.
- It is the responsibility of the purchaser to assure that all parts included in the box (i.e. pedals, seatpost and stem) are properly installed (use anti-seize!!!), and should be checked by a qualified Cytech approved mechanic. It is also the responsibility of the purchaser to ensure annual service of the bike by a Cytech approved bike mechanic.
- The warranty is offered exclusively to the original purchaser only and proof of original purchase will be required to validate any claims.
Bicycle Warranty Claim: Before returning the bike to us please get in touch so we can discuss it - if we validate your claim it might be we can find a solution local to you to fix the problem. Please do not send back to us without discussing it with us first. Proof of purchase in the way of an original receipt along with the completed warranty form provided on purchase of the bike, as well as proof that the bike is still owned by the original purchaser, must be provided with all claims.
The above warranty does not affect your statutory rights.